This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall problem in 6.22

3 replies to this topic

rags33

rags33
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 18:32

Hi,

I converted my InstallShield 5.0 project to 6.22 but retained by old script(i.e did not convert it to event based).

In 5.0 I used to call uninstinitialize and uninstuninitialize functions during uninstallation. How do I do this in InstallShield 6.22?

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 19:05

Use onmaintuibefore and onmainuiafter.  Insert the functionality from the old functions into these using installscript.

rags33

rags33
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 19:15

Can I still call the functions which were in by uninstall.dll from the OnMainUIBefore() and OnMaintUIAfter()????

Do I need to change anything in my uninstallstring?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 23:47

No the default OnMaintUIBefore/After events will take the place of the uninstall functions.

A subequent run of the same install will then give the user a choice of add/remove components, reinstall everything, or just remove it all.

I had similar questions where I inherted such an install and was also just starting out.  Here's a link to that forum:
http://www.installsi...rum1....<p>Hope it helps.