This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

It patches...

1 reply to this topic

HappyGod

HappyGod
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:27

Hi there,

I have two questions:

1. I have a custom action in my application that I need to have run every time the MSI is run (except on a full uninstall). The custom action runs an executable "Installed with the application". This works fine except when I patch the application, the custom action does not run. The condition I am using on the action is: Not REMOVE~="ALL" OR PATCH

To my mind this should mean that the action should run when a patch is applied. What is wrong here?

2. I add an additional file to the applcation in one of my patches. The patch applies without problem, but the file remains on the system if I then perform a full uninstall. I can't make an entry in the RemoveFile table in the original MSI, because the file is not present, and I can't make one in the patch because the patch component never uninstalls. How can I set this file to remove on uninstall?

Thanks,
Matt

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:19

Sounds weired. A log file should give you more information about what's really going on.
BTW I don't understand why you put "OR PATCH". Not REMOVE~="ALL" shold also run in a patch.