This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Avoiding Maintenance Mode Problems

5 replies to this topic

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 17:33

I followed the instructions in "Avoiding Maintenance Mode in IS6". It seems to work well, with one glaring exception. If I add new components, the file groups within that new component will not get installed during reinstallation (using "ComponetReInstall()"). They will only be installed during a fresh installation. The only work around I know is not to add new components, but to include the file groups within the original components. Is there a way to add new components during reinstallation.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 19:24

Well ComponetReInstall() is designed to automatically choose the previously selected components as it's general purpose is to be used for the "Repair" option in a maintenance mode setup.

Now in your case, you either need to present the user with the proper set of dialogs to dictate the new component selections -or- call say ComponentSetupTypeSet() to re-apply the default component selections for the indicated setup type (e.g. Typical).
user posted image

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 19:45

I only use one setup type, "Typical". I call the function, ComponentSetupTypeSet(MEDIA, "Typical") in OnFirstUIBefore. Should this function be also called in the maintenance function just before I call "ComponentReinstall"?

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 20:09

I just tried calling ComponentSetupTypeSet(MEDIA, "Typical") in the maintenance function, OnMaintUIBefore. It had no effect. The new components were still not being installed. Here is the code:

SetStatusWindow(0, "");
Enable(STATUSEX);
StatusUpdate(ON, 100);
if (CMDLINE % "UNINSTALL") then
ComponentRemoveAll();
else
ComponentSetupTypeSet(MEDIA, "Typical");
ComponentReinstall();
endif;

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 22:02

Hmm, I thought that call would have auto. reapplied the default selections for the specified setup type.

Well there probably is a more elegant solution, but in that case, you'll just have to manually select the components accordingly by calling ComponentListItems to get a list of the current components, evaluate the status via ComponentIsItemSelected, and then adjust any via ComponentSelectItem.

I actually do something similar for my setups since I don't use Maintenance mode either.

Good luck then and hope it helps.
user posted image

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 18:17

Thanks, that worked. That article about avoiding maintenance mode should be modified. It can cause misunderstandings when adding new components.