This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Using several Base Folders

3 replies to this topic

Victorz

Victorz
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2001 - 09:34

I want to get an input from a user and create 3 Folders - that are completely unrelated to each other (each can be on different machine - a few [INSTALLDIR]'s)
how do I store such an input , and then use it to create these folders (use vbscripts's Scripting.FileSystemObject or maybe there's another way ?)

tgebbie

tgebbie
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2001 - 21:06

You can do this using a Dialog and PowerEditor tables CreateFolder, and Directory. Look at the dialog DestinationFolder on how to set a property with a InstallPath value.  
You will need to create a Directory variable in the directory table example MYINSTALLDIR with a default value.  
Then create a empty component with the installPath property MYINSTALLDIR then insert these values into the CreateFolder table in the PowerEditor.

Example:

Property value: MYINSTALLDIR
Empty Compoent: My_Empty_Component

CreateFolder Table:
Directory_ (S72)                        Component_ (S72)
MYINSTALLDIR                         My_Empty_Component

Directory Table:
Directory_ (S72)          Dir_Parent (S72)      DefaultDir (S72)
MYINSTALLDIR           INSTALLDIR             Default

INSTALLDIR = C:\Program Files\CompanyName\

This will create a folder C:\Program Files\CompanyName\Default with no files in it, or whatever path you assign MYINSTALLDIR in the Dialog.  

I hope this helps.

TDG

Victorz

Victorz
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2001 - 12:49

ok Thanks - it was a break through - yet I still encounter problems :
I have an example how to store a a path in run time property ([_BrowseProperty] but it works for me only for 1 screen out of 3 - in the other the path seems to be scrambled -
perhaps because I use in the event of the Dialog that calls the change folder Dialog [MYINSTALLDIR] = INSTALLDIR (condition 1) -
but I wasn't able to insert any other folder instead of INSTALLDIR - how can it be done ?

tgebbie

tgebbie
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 June 2001 - 16:47

Is there a place where I can upload/ email you an example install that would show you this functionality?

TDG