This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

"Everyone" other languages

4 replies to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 23:50

I have a sort of strange problem... Our program uses DCOM components that need to be configured during the install. One of the requirements that I have is to add the "Everyone" user to the Launch permissions of some of them. I can manually add "Everyone" through a custom dll and everything works fine... at least on an English OS.

How would I find the string for the "Everyone" user account on different language OSes? Is there some sort of Windows API function that can do that sort of stuff? I imagine that some of the German users might have run into something similar before. Any ideas? Thanks!

-- spdygnlz --

MrSmersh

MrSmersh
  • Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:59

LookupAccountSid?
Please do remember that "Everyone" has a fixed SID (in the category "Well-Known Security Identifiers")...
Depending how you plan do to the configuring we could help more.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 16:46

Take a look at "Using the LockPermissions Table on Localized Windows Versions" at http://www.installsi...en/msi/tips.htm
It populates properties with localized names of some predefined names. You can either use it as is, or look at the source code (included in the ZIP) to do something similar in your dll.

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 19:23

Thanks guys. That's what I was looking for. Looks like Stefan's suggestion actually implements LookupAccountSid, so you were both right!

Now I've run into a different problem with this solution, but I'll open a different thread for that.

You guys rock!

-- spdygnlz --

MrSmersh

MrSmersh
  • Full Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 13:31

Mea culpa I should have looked first on the InstallSite for solutions laugh.gif .