This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallApplication method hangs.

1 reply to this topic

installer_wow

installer_wow
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:38

Hi,

I am experiencing a strange problem.
I want to install COM+ Application proxies on the target machine for which I generated Proxies using the “Export” feature provided in Component Services.

I then generated Wise Project files using the MSIs (as I am using Wise for Windows Installer 5.1)

As I noticed, it along with all the other necessary binaries, generated a .tmp file in which all the registration information is stored.
Now I have a custom action in which I use the InstallApplication method (in COM Admin catalog) to install them. (the MSI’s which gets generated during every build using the Wise project files I described above).

This method hangs the machine when I try to execute it.

There is something wrong with that .tmp file, but can’t figure out what exactly is going on.

During debugging I realized that InstallFinalize is the action that never gets executed.
When I can install the same MSI by double clicking on it.
Then y can’t I use InstallApplication??????

Any clue???

Regards,
Akshay Arora.
ND.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:07

I have never had the pleasure to work with COM+, so I cannot really help you. However, InstallFinalize is the end of the windows installer transaction that takes place in a setup's InstallExecute sequence. Windows Installer does not allow two concurrent InstallExecute sequences, so I suppose it may be your problem. The reason I think this may be the case is tha the MSI installs OK when you click on it.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul