This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Cab Files not updating

2 replies to this topic

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 22:32

Hello All,

I have a situation where the cab files and .hdr file do not update when a project is compiled. (This is not occurring with any of my other projects.) The files are not read-only, but I wonder if perhaps some other switch has been enabled/disabled that would cause this? I've done some searches through this forum, but haven't yet found anything that describes my situation, so if anyone can offer assistance, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance...

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 02:35

Well, technically, compiling isn't supposed to build the CAB files. It just compiles the project script file Setup.rul.

You need to choose Build/Rebuild Media to get the setup and its associated CAB files generated/regenerated.

Therefore, try delting the project's resulting media and choosing Compile | Rebuild Media from the IS IDE.

user posted image

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 16:45

It looks like the problem was that a backup directory under Default > Disk Images > Disk1 was keeping the primary media directory CD ROM > Disk Images > Disk1 from updating. Once I deleted the contents of the former, I was able to successfully rebuild the media.

Thanks very much for your help.