This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

HWND is NULL!

2 replies to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 08:11

Hi, I'm trying to do the following:
From a regular InstallShield dialog, I have a "browse" button and an edit box. When I click "browse", a DLL dialog opens and lets me make some choices. When I click "ok", I want the choices I've made to appear in the edit box.
The problem: Inside the DLL, I call "msiSetProperty" to change the property that is associated with the edit box, but since the edit box doesn't get refreshed, I don't see the changes reflecting on screen (unless I go "back" and "next" again). I've tried passing the MsiWindowHandle as a HANDLE|Constant, and call UpdateWindow(...), but it keeps coming in NULL to the DLL. Any ideas on how to refresh the dialog (or to make the handle come in !NULL) ?

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 01:03

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to update the value on a dialog, without going backwards and forwards.

A common workaround is to create an identical dialogue, then load that one when you want to refresh the value.

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 November 2001 - 09:52

Not acurate. It is very much possible to update the text in the edit control box, using SendMessage(WM_SETTEXT.....). I've done it and it works. I'll send you the source code if you like... The only problem is that in order to find the edit control, I have to first enumerate all windows in the system and find InstallShield's window. I don't want that - I want to be able to pass the window handle - but it always comes in NULL. Do you know who to pass it correctly?