I got a problem with a patch I just generated for my MSI Installer. The tool i used is MsiMsp, using library PatchWiz.
The patch works well, however, in order to be effective (file updated in the program files directory), I need to have it run in a specific sequence :
- First launch the .msp. It asks me to repair, ok, and then finishes after 5-10 secs and 2 progress bars. At this step nothing is updated in my application.
- If I run once again the .msp, same result.
- Second step, I run my application with the desktop shortcut (this shirtcut call the MSI, not directly the exe), but just like before applying the patch, it has not been updated.
- Then I launch the .msp again. It asks me to repair, ok, but then it finishes after ~20secs and 3 progress bars. Here my application has been updated.
- I run my app and all has been updated and is working fine !
Does anybody got an idea of what could cause this, particularly what happens during the first update that does not update program files ?
Thanks a lot !
Edited by nutzzz, 11 July 2007 - 15:42.