This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

NT Services

1 reply to this topic

DCercone

DCercone
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 00:06

Has anyone ever had to set the user account that a service account uses to run?

I am using the Installshield NT Services object on two of my services that I need to set the startup account on.  However, I set the properties "DomainUserName" and "Password" on the objects before the file transfer.  To my knowledge the object is implemented on the file transfer.  The only draw back is that I do not use IS's self registration feature since I take care of it myself.  Not having the services registered makes me believe that the NT Service object can not set the properties.  Is there another way to set the service account without directly accessing the registry?

Also, in addition to that, are there functions\methods in IS that I can validate a service account the user wants to use?  In other words, can I validate the user on the domain?

Thanks!

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 10:32

Answer to your first question: See "IS5/6 Samples > InstallShield Objects > Setting Properties in the NT Service Object at Runtime". By the way, the NT Service Object is implemented just *after* File Transfer and just *before* the OnMoved event is called.

Answer to your last question: See "IS5/6 Samples > Operating System > Create and Validate User Accounts"