This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

after upgrade problem

4 replies to this topic

joker_pl

joker_pl
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:53

i installed my MSI with version 1.0.0.0. after that i made some changes to my files and created new MSI with same product code and upgrade code but new version (1.0.0.1) and new package code. afte i installed new MSI with REINSTALLMODE=vomus all files are upgraded and in Add/Remove Programs i can see that application was upgraded to new version, but... when i try to run new MSI i get msg that product with same version is already installed.
what did i wrong??

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:36

but... when i try to run new MSI i get msg that product with same version is already installed.

Before or after you installed the upgrade with REINSTALLMODE=vomus ?

joker_pl

joker_pl
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 20:18

after i install upgrade

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 20:26

Can you post the exact error message, maybe including the error number? I have seen setups complain about "another version" being already installed, but not about the "same version".

joker_pl

joker_pl
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 21:09

no sorry i have trashed this project. i was testing minor upgrades and after that problem i started new project. also i dont have any logs so lets close this topic.
thanks for your help Stefan.
regards