This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

1152 error shown when run setup.exe

5 replies to this topic

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:03

Hi,

My project is a webbased project that is using a basic msi installshield  setup.exe.

When i download this setup.exe on client machine then after running this setup.exe it shows 1152 error on some machines 

but if dont download same exe  and simply build from installshield and run then it's working fine.

Is it possible when we download a setup.exe then that will be corrupted.

How we can resolve this problem.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:27

What directory did you specify to extract the setup.exe? It might be a permission problem (downloaded files have restricted permissions). Process Monitor from SysInternals should show the access problem.

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:11

I dont specify any extract location it automatically extracted in default location(window's temp folder).Is it possible to change extract posion and how?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:14

I suppose your anti-virus or firewall could be interfering with the download and / or extraction process?

Apart from that, you can try to extract the files in the setup via an admin install as explained here: http://stackoverflow...24987512/129130

Is this a setup you are making yourself? It is not quite clear from your question. If so, are you including any special runtimes in the setup.exe file?

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:29

I think I found what the problem is: http://social.msdn.m...wscompatibility

In essence there is an error in the embedded manifest in the setup.exe file. Is there an option to use an external manifest file? If not read the whole thread linked above.

Some further links:

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:26

Yes the setup is creating myself for my project with Installshield11.And i uploaded that setup on my webbased project.When i download that setup from that project(web project) and run it throws 1152 eeror in starting