This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creation of new file group is not working

1 reply to this topic

sharadsk

sharadsk
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 02:54

Hi,
I have created new file group for files which are setup files from Third Party vendors. I've assigned those files dynamically to this file group. After installing this project I noticed that  files in this group are not copied to thier destination.
When I add these files to the App Executable file group, they are placed in the destination directory.
I'm using Installshield 6.31
Am I doing something wrong?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 22 February 2002 - 04:37

From the sounds of it, you only did some of the steps need to add new files.  Let me give this overview of the chain of command in IS and how it works.

Files ==> File Groups ==> Components ==> Setup Types

What this means is that when you add Files you put them in File Groups.  File Groups are in turn added to Components.  This is the part you forgot.  Components are then included in the different Setup Types (i.e. Typical, Minimum, Custom).  By default, new components are automatically added to all setup types, so you shouldn't have missed anything here.

Hope it helps.