This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

@ERROR_MESSAGE not found in string table

4 replies to this topic

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 21:41

I am developing a IS6.3 script. I have been modifying this script for several months with 50-60 test installs run already from me and testers. I added a new error message into the String Table, recompiled and started getting this error: "@ERROR_INSCLAIM not found in string table". This is on my machine where I build the projects, and again, I have other error messages in the string table which still work.

I am at a loss as to why this just stopped working with a new message I just added.

I am using Win XP Pro.

Just tested this: I substituted the error message string with an existing error message string and it works correctly. What have I done wrong when entering a message in the string table?

Edited by Blackdog, 02 March 2007 - 22:07.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:18

Try to rebuild the media under a new name, and make sure the error mesage is defined in all languages that are included in your setup.

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 23:12

Thanks, I will try this and let you know. But first, I am wanting to use the original build project name (I have many batch files that reference it). Do I rebuild to a new project name and delete the original name and then rebuild back to the original name again? I guess I am afraid of deleting something I can not get back.

ps. I have IS 5.5 CD and do not have the upgrade program I downloaded that I used to go to IS 6.3. Is this something that if I ever have to install IS 5.5 on a new machine or other reason, I will never be able to go back to IS 6.3? Ever? Is there a copy of the upgrade anywhere?

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 23:33

Just performed a new build to a new name using Media Build Wizard.

I ran the newly build project and still received the error.

Again, if I substitute an already existing message, it works and displays the other message. It happens when I use the last message I added to the string table.

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 23:41

This just in!!!

User Error! I had a typo in the name of the error message. I corrected this and the newly build project works correctly.

Thanks for you help.