This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

setup.log

2 replies to this topic

ldietrich

ldietrich
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 23:42

Install Shield Professional 6.2

Silent install:  We are performing a silent install for the following Windows operating systems.  98, ME, NT, W2000, and XP.  When you have the silent install the setup.log file is created in disk.1.  We cannot find documentation on how to turn this setup.log file off.  We do not want to rename or change the path with F1 or F2.  Is this possible we simply want to turn this feature setup.log off.   If it is not possible then how do you make the F2 path dynamic so that when an XP user installs on a multi-user machine that it will properly install for that user.

samokok

samokok
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:58

I have same question. How can I do unistall/install under silient mode without generating any log file? Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 15:39

I'm not sure of a way to turn this off, but the log file is needed so one can properly assess when the silent installation completed and if it did so successfully (e.g. ResultCode=0).

Worst case, just supply your own log path & filename to the -f2 parameter and then have it deleted under whatever means your using to call it in the first place (e.g. batch file, another IS setup, etc.).

user posted image