This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

little problem with installshield 2010

2 replies to this topic

sidneyb

sidneyb
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 23:04

good day

I'm new to the forum, I apologize if this question in the wrong place.

I have a problem with my installer. I made an application, it works fine. I made an installer with InstallShield 2010 and it works normal. Up here, life is beautiful.

This application, the end user level, you need to modify your folders, files and other ... but every time users make a change in these folders or files, either by adding, changing, or deleting, re-run the installer, and will prevent this from happening, because the application must be more malleable, "portable "so to speak, that users can cut and paste in installation directory without any other step.

I am using InstallShield 2010 (basic msi project), win7 and winxp

how I can prevent this with installshield? is some property of the components? I repeat, do not want to have to reinstall to change any installed file

thanking your help, I say goodbye

thanks

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 23:56

Windows Installer repair is running because items marked as component keys are missing (in your case moved somewhere else).

You can try going into your components and removing the key.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 13:57

You can blank out the ComponentId GUID for the components holding the files which users need to be able to delete. However those file will then also be left behind during uninstall, unless you add them to the RemoveFile table.