This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CUSTOM SETUP

3 replies to this topic

Thomas OD

Thomas OD
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2001 - 15:37

hi,
when user change the installation directory in custom setup, my product is correctly installed in the new directory, but [INSTALLDIR] doesn't have the new value.
Is it a normal behavior? what i miss or what i have to do to set INSTALLDIR with the new value?
(This is a problem for me, because i use [INSTALLDIR], in some of my registry key and so they don't have the good value...)
I need help.
Thanks.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 July 2001 - 22:03

Think component.  Your registry keys almost certainly relate to a paticular component.   There are flags in the "formatted" column type as used by the registry table which will retrieve directory paths eg. [$componentname] is replaced by the install directory of componentname.

Thomas OD

Thomas OD
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 July 2001 - 08:16

thanks for your advice, actually i fix my problem using [DIR27] in place of [INSTALLDIR].

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 31 July 2001 - 09:00

Not a good solution.  DIR27 is a name generated at build time.  Your intended target may not be DIR27 when you start using the directory table directly (with Power Editor ) or indirectly (eg. set source location in component view).  A later version of ISWI may not call it DIRnn at all.