This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Lock permission table

2 replies to this topic

StephaneG

StephaneG
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 13:01

Lock permission table:

My question is more about lock permission table in installshield Developer. When adding some permission in lock permission table at the INSTALLDIR propreties, I'm having problem to access the installed application default path (often c:\program files\product name) once my application is installed on my workstation. When adding the full control access for my Domain users account, the domain users account can access de path and the application work with no problem. However when adding Modification permission or even read, write & execute permission, the domain users account cannot access the installation path. There is the permissions I used into the lock permission table

LockObject: INSTALLDIR
Table: CreateFolder
Domain: [%USERDOMAIN]
User: Domain Users
Permission: 268435456 (Generic All)

The above permission work fine but replacing the the domain users permission for 197055 (modification) or 13159 (for read,write and execute) don't. The domain users account cannot access the defaut installation installation once the package msi is installed. I got the access denied message.

Any Ideas

Steph

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 14:33

Is the specified permission actually applied? Generate a log file to see if there's a problem appliying the permissions.

StephaneG

StephaneG
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 12:31

There is no error related to permission into the log.

The permissions are there when I look into the security tab.
If I reapply manually the permission to my default installation, without changing anything, everything is allright. It seems that there is no synchronisation when applying permission when using my package with the actual Domain permission of the SAM (or local SAM).

Stephan