On July 8th, 2009 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 7.1 release completes our Windows 7 and Windows Installer 5.0 compatibility and support. From new features readily available to your installers to better usability and OS integration, Advanced Installer makes checking for and using the new Microsoft platform a snap.
Multiple user interface improvements are available in this version, both in installers using the Enhanced UI feature and in Advanced Installer itself where a new set of cleaner, modernized and better suited for the Vista/Windows 7 operation systems icons debuts.
New predefined ready-to-use prerequisites, launch conditions, searches and ten new custom ways of searching on the user's computer ensure that your application's install never fails due to problems in third-party frameworks, components or products.
Other improvements in this version:
- Single Package Authoring for WI 5.0
- Enhanced Service Configuration for WI 5.0
- Ability to generate Unicode MSI Databases
- File associations in Windows Mobile projects
- New configuration content report for Windows Mobile projects
- Display progress information on Windows 7 Taskbar for: Auto Updater, Repackager, package build, Enhanced UI installation and EXE bootstrapper installation
- Added Checklist control in Enhanced UI
- Added Hyperlink control in Enhanced UI and Windows Installer 5.0 UI
- Multiple selection ListBox and ListView controls in Enhanced UI
- ASP.NET registration for an IIS web application
- Logging support for chained packages
- Extended search support with 10 additional methods
- Predefined searches for RegAsm, Regsvr32, Aspnet_regiis and Microsoft Office installation path
- Microsoft Silverlight predefined prerequisite
- DirectX 11 predefined launch condition
- Windows 7 predefined launch condition
- Refreshed Advanced Installer icon set
Advanced Installer is available in four editions, starting with the Freeware community edition and offering a 30-day trial period for the other editions.
For more information and ordering Advanced Installer please see:
(Text based on a press release from Caphyon Ltd.)