This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Sending E-mails in 6.3

3 replies to this topic

daitaku

daitaku
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 16:52

I looked up the installshield KB on this topic and the code is fairly old and not very good (http://support.insta...ticleid=q105947). After fixing it up, I still get warnings from the compiler. Anyone have an updated script example for this?

Thank you,

Daitaku

vuttex

vuttex
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:27

prototype HWND Shell32.ShellExecuteA( HWND, BYREF STRING, BYREF STRING, BYREF STRING, BYREF STRING, int);
prototype MyFunction();

function MyFunction()

STRING szOperation, szFileName, szParameters, szDirectory;

begin

szOperation = "open";
szFileName = "mailto:xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.com?subject=Pong!";
szParameters = "";
szDirectory = "";
ShellExecuteA(NULL, szOperation, szFileName, szParameters, szDirectory, SW_SHOW );

end;

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:11

and what's updated in this example? huh.gif

daitaku: what compiler warnings do you get?
Gruß / regards
Thomas

vuttex

vuttex
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 10:15

Compared with the InstallShield example, the updates are that I have added one string value to the definition of "prototype HWND Shell32.ShellExecuteA( HWND, BYREF STRING, BYREF STRING, BYREF STRING, BYREF STRING, int);". In the Installshield example there was only 3 string values which resulted in compilation error. -> ShellExecuteA(NULL, szOperation, szFileName, szParameters, szDirectory, SW_SHOW );

I also changed the string values to BYREF STRING to get rid of compilation warnings.