This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

getting location of folder where exe is present

2 replies to this topic

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:41

Hi,
I have an Installscript MSI Project. I have setup.url and as in that I want to dynamically access of the location (complete path of where the exe is present) of the output exe generated. For example one user could paste the exe is C:\Temp\Test and run the exe, another user could C:\ABC\Test\Test\. So in each of these cases when the exe is run I need to get the location of the folder dynamically, for this, the code I have written to get the location of the folder is as below in BOLD&ITALICS

ParsePath(svReturnString, PACKAGE_LOCATION, PATH);

Hence svReturnString should contain the location from the exe is executed. Please let me know if this is correct. But this seems to be not working, could any one point out the mistake (if any) in the above code.

With Regards
Murali

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:08

Hi,
When try to see the value of the svReturnString I get it as "" empty (so it has not got the correct path). Could some one point out how this could be resolved.

With Regards
Murali

murali_s

murali_s
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:05

Hi,
Another information that I got to know that PACKAGE_LOCATION will work on for InstallScript Projects and hence it will not work for InstallScript MSI Projects. Could somebody update me about the corresponding variable that I can use to get the current location of where the installation file is present.

With Regards
Murali