This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Compile.exe in 6.1 ?

5 replies to this topic

Rastislav Zima

Rastislav Zima
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 13:54

I want to compile and build my setup projects from command line. With building is everything OK, but compile.exe which is described in the help doesn't exist. (It exists in the 5.5 but I suppose that that will not work.)
It's just my case (IS wrongly installed) or someone else experienced the same thing?

Rastislav Zima

Rastislav Zima
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 13:55

Forgot to put notification reply...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 14:51

I don't thinbk that compile.exe from IS5 will do because the script language has changed. In IS6 it's in a differen location than it was in IS5:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\IScript\Compile.exe

Rastislav Zima

Rastislav Zima
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 15:06

In Developer 7.0 and in IS5.5 its inside the folder where the main program files are installed so I supposed that its the same with IS6.1 - but offcourse You cannot rely on Your logic when You are dealing with IS...

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 September 2001 - 15:40

I think they moved it in 6.x.  Search the programfiles\commonfiles\installshield dir.  Export the media build batch file and edit it.  All the info with params is there.