This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE MM again

4 replies to this topic

Stefan Secker

Stefan Secker
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 10:24

Hi there,

the MSDE MM stuff is horrible. I still try to use the MM from SQL 7.0 SP2 CD, and they worked fine, unless MSDE was already installed. I ran into the "invalid instance" error.

Then i read that the 7.03 IDE will contain a MSDE 2000 MM and so i upgraded my IDE, but i couldn't find the MM afterwards  :angry: .
In addition my former project doesn't even work anymore but instead now tells me this in the logfile:

Action start 11::09::25: GetSqlStates.2D02443E_7002_4C0B_ABC9_EAB2C064397B.
TempFolder is C:\DOCUME~1\sts\LOCALS~1\Temp\
Loading extended custom action library sqlcax.dll
Error 126 loading library sqlcax.dll

Any info/help about this available here ?
Thanx in advance!

Stefan

Karin Popelier

Karin Popelier
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2002 - 11:27

Hi Stefan,

Take a look at
http://www.installsi...-bin....=12&t=4
Gavin encountered the same problem (I think, it seems that he had an error code 1157).

Karin

haffster

haffster
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 12:53

I can confirm that the same thing happened to me. My setup is now interrupted immediatly if it is built with 7.03, but using the same MM as before (MSDE2000 SP1).

Stefan Secker

Stefan Secker
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 14:04

Hi Karin, haffster,

thanx for help and comfirmation. :D

Because of all this unbelievable MM stuff i'm into a different solution now. I noticed that after SQL 2000 installation there are some MSI samples for installing/upgrading MSDE 2000 to be found in this directory

[ProgramFilesFolder]\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\DevTools\Samples\Desktop

These have to be customized concerning ProductID GUID and ProductCode GUID and then you will be able to install them with the call

msiexec sample.msi INSTANCENAME=myInstance

or something similar. I did not test every circumstance yet, but so far it works fine. Now i'll try to run the sample as nested MSI installation, but haven't worked that out yet as well.

Take a look here for more info
http://msdn.microsof...rary....4qd.asp

Cheers
      Stefan

haffster

haffster
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 14:16

I'm using the property SqlInstanceName in my project to set the instance name.  I just downgraded to 7.02  :(

I hope they release some sort of hotfix.