This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditional Installations

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 15:05

I believe there is a prerequisite for a certain release of Internet Explorer to allow Windows Installer using VBScript to function properly.  I can't recall if it is 5.01?????

Anyway, is there a certain condition that can be set which will allow the installation of our product only if this certain version of IE is installed on the target machine?  I would think I could set the Install Condition in the Product Properties of the General Information area.  Am I on the right track?  Do I have to look for a certain file unique to IE 5+ as the condition trigger?

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks!!

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 18:57

I use shdocvw.dll's version as the trigger for the install condition.  I search for the desired version via the AppSearch, Signture, and DrLocator tables.

Be CAREFUL.  When searching for a certain version, be sure to enter the minimum version -1 (minus 1) in the Signature table.  Let's say my app needed at least version 1.23.4567.  My entry in the Signature table would be 1.23.4566.  The mechanism for finding a certain version only evaluates greater than (>) not equal to.