This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Updating a progress bar control

3 replies to this topic

ptyrrell

ptyrrell
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 15:13

Cross-posted from the InstallShield forums...

Hi all,

I'm a novice with DevStudio 9 (although I've used previous versions of InstallShield before).

Can anyone tell me how I update a Progress Bar Control on a custom dialog? I'd like to update the progress as I'm checking various system parameters/configuration which may take some time.

I think I've looked in the help and searched these forums but I couldn't find anything (although it is the end of a long week!)

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 22:03

You can set the percent value using the SetStatusWindow function.

ptyrrell

ptyrrell
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:45

Stefan,

Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I didn't make it clear in my first post - I meant a Progress Bar control on a custom dialog (not a 'standard' one that SetStatusWindow seems to work with.

So what I have is a custom dialog that is displayed when the installer is checking system configuration. I would like to start the checking as soon as the dialog is visible (i.e. no extra 'input' is required from the user). As the checks happen I would like to update the progress bar value. Once the checks are complete I want to enable the 'Next' button so that the user can move to the next step.

So I suppose I really have 2 problems that I can't work out how to solve:

- how do I update a Progress Bar control on a custom dialog (what 'call' should I make)?

- how can I start the checking routine as soon as the dialog loads? I've tried it in DLG_INIT but this seems to run before the dialog is visible.

Thanks,

Paul.

homer

homer
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:36

Hi ptyrrell,

did you managed the progress bar issue?

Daniel