This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

determining feature state in the middle of UI?

3 replies to this topic

borland

borland
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 05:10

What I'm trying to achieve is this:
firstly, the installer displays the component tree which allows the user to select multiple items, then, if a certain feature is selected by the user, show a dialog relating to that feature, etc.

However, the conditional statement syntax things such as &feature only work in the sequence tables after the CostFinalize and aren't affected by the user interface (at least not in the middle of it, as I can't use them to make conditions in a ControlEvent), so yeah, what I'm needing to know is how can I tell if a user has selected something in the component tree, whilst in the middle of the dialog sequence?

Thanks a lot, Orion.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 08:36

I believe this used to work for me.

borland

borland
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:43

How so? Can you say what in particular it was that used to work for you?

Perhaps I was not clear enough with my explanation of the scenario.

Basically I have a dialog which contains the feature selection tree.

In the dialog after that (or indeed anywhere within the dialog group), I wish to determine whether or not a user chose to install a particular feature - as one would use the &feature, etc conditional statements usually.

However, the microsoft documentation states that these statements only work in the sequence tables, and only after the CostFinalize action - which doesn't (seem to) take into account changes which have been made by the user in the feature tree.

Would I have to (or indeed be able to) access the information via a custom action? All the documentation points to the information being supplied to custom actions being the same information which is used for conditional statements - and hence will not work.

This is pretty much stopping me from completing a project, so any assistance and explanations would be of great assistance. Thanks very much, Orion.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 11:48

For me, they do work - my setup performs costing first, then I get a feature tree, after that I can access the feature states, as set by the user (using MsiGetFeatureState, or conditions like &Feature)
I can also modify these states, using MsiSetFeatureState and control events like AddLocal.

Note that feature names are case sensitive. And this doesn't work within an administrative setup.