This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Two entry of product in Add/Remove program

1 reply to this topic

rakeshcs

rakeshcs
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 15:42

Hi,
I am new to installshield and it will be great help for me if you can answer my questions.

I have created a project and installed it on my box. when i upgrade the product ( i mean Major upgrade) it does not detect the previous installation of the product and install the product independently without removing the previous installation of the product. hence create two entry of the product in the Add/Remove programs of control panel.

i also have a problem with the shortcut that i create using the product.
Actually i create a shortcut like

Start Menu->Programs Menu->Test Files->Tutorial-filename

but after the upgrade i get the shortcut

Start Menu->PTest Files->empty

This only happens when two entry of the product is seen in the Add/Remove program

So i suspect that since the shortcut that i want to create is already existing the installer somehow creates a dummy shortcut 'PTest Files' in the 'Start Menu' which does not contain anything.

in my new release i have only changed the product code and have left the Upgrade Code, Uninstall code, and Package code same as it was in the previous release of the product.

Can you please suggest me what could be the problem.

Thanks in advance

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 18:28

Did you add a Major Upgrade item in the Releases view? Did you validate it (upgrade validation)?