This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Removing Temporary files created by installshield

1 reply to this topic

an_tmic

an_tmic
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 23:13

My project is a basic MSI project using Installshield Developer 7.x. After uninstalling using Control Panel's Add/Remove programs, I find that there is one temporary folder created every time an instance of my package is deployed on the machine. So, I end up with a bunch of directories under winnt\temp folder. The directory names are _ISxxx where xxx is a random number. The contents of each directory are setup.ini, _ismsidel.ini and 2 files with names like 0x0409.ini. I believe that these should be used by installshield or Installer Service to assist in removing the product. But, they seem to be left behind on my machine (and on a few other machines i tried this product on). I am struggling to find a way to get rid of them. Any settings, or flags that will do the job? As usual, the KB on installshield website is not informative at all. Even googling has not given me answers. someone please help me!

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 13:07

Have you tried a reboot?

I also use install shield but i have never seen these files left behind.