This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallLevel issue

4 replies to this topic

Mirano

Mirano
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 19:46

Hi all.

I have 4 options in the SetupType dialog, say:

Option 1 INSTALLEVEL = 500
Option 2 INSTALLEVEL = 400
Option 3 INSTALLEVEL = 300
Option 4 INSTALLEVEL = 200

If User selects option 1, I want to select everything, so I just SetInstallLevel to 500 and everything is well.
But if I want to install the Option 3, and I do not want to install Option 4, how do I go about it? Setting the InstallLevel to 300 would install both Option 3 and 4.

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 14:36

If your option aren't super-sets of each other (like Minimal - Typical - Complete) then you need to add control event Remove to the "Next" button to un-select unwanted features.

Mirano

Mirano
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 20:42

Wow...I am really surprised with this, people get pissed off with bugs and awkward features of InstallShield, and you are "answering" with something that was never asked in the first place.

Did I ever ask about unselecting the unwanted features? Is it just you not reading my question, getting too bored at some day, or you just answer so that it counts you said something?

Either way would you please get of my back.

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:08

Did I ever ask about unselecting the unwanted features?

No, you asked about installing options. Since you didn't specify what you mean with "option" I tried to help you by guessing you are talking about features. Sorry if that assumption was wrong.

Anyway, I'll leave you alone as you requested and just use my time to help people who appreciate my volunteer efforts.

Mirano

Mirano
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 22:56

Please read the question:

"if I want to install the Option 3, and I do not want to install Option 4, how do I go about it?"

It is very clear what I asked, and there's even an exclamation mark after it. Where and when did I ever ask about control events and next buttons?

This is a simple question about the logic of what gets installed when you set certain levels.

Anyways, I figured it out - using installlevel property on features and conditions on features and components, one can customize the installation to suit its needs.

Thanks.