This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SetupType and Registry Settings

1 reply to this topic

traveler

traveler
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 16:40

I modified the SetupType dialog so that the user chooses a configuration, ie QA, Acceptance Testing, Training or Production. I have a .reg file for each configuation since there are so many keys for this app.

How do I set the registry values according to the value of _IsSetupTypeMin selected on the SetupType dialog?

Should I install all of the .reg files and run regedit.exe regfile.reg, or is there a better way? Am I on the right track or should I be approaching this from another angle?

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 00:16

Create a component to contain the registry entries for the different environments.  Place a condition on the component of _IsSetupTypeMin = <Value>

This should then only install the entries for that particular environment.  Installing all files then running regedit would work, but the registry details would not be deleted on uninstallation.
Leigh Ravenhall
Expert Information Services