This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IPWI Version 2.03 Question

4 replies to this topic

janmarker

janmarker
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2001 - 14:41

I just upgraded my IPWI V 1.52 to 2.03.  I created a new setup project, built the setup package, and just ran the setup from within IPWI.  I get a message (never seen with IPWI V 1.52) that says "1207: Windows ® Installer 1.11.1314.0 found.  This is an earlier version of the Windows ® Installer.  Click OK to continue.  Note - I am running on a Win2000 platform.

Do I need to go to Microsoft site and download/install another Windows Installer?  Why didn't I get this message with setups generated with V 1.52?

Thanks.

janmarker

janmarker
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2001 - 15:51

I discovered how to turn off the message - in Releases view, you set the "Suppress Launcher Warning" property to "Yes".  Now, I wonder if setting it to "Yes" will create another problem for users of my install package. Anyone out there know?  I will continue to experiment and post an update if I find out.

tgebbie

tgebbie
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 June 2001 - 16:57

In regards to the warning it should not cause any problems with your installer.  The reason that warning comes up is that the msiexec.exe service that comes with Windows 2000 is older than the msiexec.exe on a windows NT 4.0 system.

TDG

janmarker

janmarker
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2001 - 17:01

Thanks for the additional information!  I won't worry about it then.