This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registering DirectShow filters

1 reply to this topic

Rob Swain

Rob Swain
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:38

I have 3 directshow filters (filtername.ax) that I need to register using a standard MSI project. I know that to register the filter directly you would type "regsvr32 filtername.ax" at a command prompt, but how do I register the filter "properly" in an MSI module without resorting to custom action dlls? The filters are after all similar in manner to COM+ objects, and I don't need to run regsvr32 from with the MSI to register them.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Rob

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 15:06

If they can be registered using regsvr I'd guess they are similar to COM objects (not COM+) so you could register them in the same way as an OCX for instance. But I really don't know much about DirectShow.
You may want to post your question in the microsoft.public.platformsdk.msi newsgroup. Rich is regularly posting in that group, and he is an MVP for both technologies (DirectX and MSI)