This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Fatal Events

4 replies to this topic

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 15:24

Yesterday I added the OnAbort and OnCanceling events to my IS 6.31 script in order to override their functionality.

I only ended up needing to modify OnAbort though since the default OnCanceling function simply displayed a SprintfBox and then called abort.

However, I'm encountering two problems.

First, if I run my setup and hit Cancel on the initial Welcome screen, I don't hit the OnCanceling event.  I go directly to OnAbort!

My second problem is that if I step through the modified OnAbort code and subsquent calls, all my variables (i.e. bDebug1, nvLogFileHandle) have already been reset!!!  How the heck am I supposed to be able to do anything if my all values have been cleared out?!?!?!

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate them.  Thanks in advance.
user posted image

Ray Gonzales

Ray Gonzales
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 15:46

Are you running a custom dialog for the Welcome Screen?  If so, you may need to adjust your handler.  You could implement your own handler and use the InstallShield dialog resource, but that seems like overkill.

Regarding the second problem:
What's the scope of the variables?  Are they global?
Ray Gonzales[br]ray.gonzales@motorola.com[br]http://www.motorola.com

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 16:35

1. No, just the usual SdWelcome dialog.

2. Yes, the cited/affected variables are all global.

Neither of these are a must fix, but both are oddities which I would like to at least understand.
user posted image

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 23:32

Still encountering this and would appreciate any and all help in understanding these problems.  Especially the 2nd one as that seems like just bad IS behavior.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm NOT using an event model.  I have a program driven InstallScript.  In which case I'm guessing your gonna blame the 1st problem on that.

user posted image

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 18:11

**sigh**  This came up again, but in a slighltly different scenario.

Yesterday I adjusted my modified OnFileLocked & OnFileReadOnly events to also write an entry stating such being the case to my setup log file.

In testing those changes today, it seems that once again my global varies have lost their values when I hit automatically these events.  :angry:

Now that I'm more experienced with IS, I am definitely counting this as a bug and not user error, so IS will be hearing from me after we release.
user posted image