This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

FilesInUse dialog not displayed during Uninstall

1 reply to this topic

Srimathy

Srimathy
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 16:01

Hi,
I had created a Basic MSI project. After installation of the product, i had opened one of the application(.exe) belongs to the product. I performed uninstallation. But Expected FilesInUse dialog was not getting displayed. Can anyone help regarding why FilesInUse dialog is not getting displayed?

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:09

I can think of three reasons:
1) The dialog FilesInUse is missing or incorrectly referenced.
That dialog gets a special reference so Windows Installer knows what it should display. Maybe you broke it.

2) None of the files listed for removal are in use by an application that can be stopped by the user.
When a file is in use by a Windows Service, it will not be listed, because that service has no window, and the user cannot stop that. This is also the case for applications running in hidden windows, they have no window that the user can access to stop it. Sometimes this is the case when the file is part of an out-of-process COM server, which is running under hidden windows.

3) No files need to be removed.
Maybe the component of the application is marked as permanent, or the component is installed twice by different setups.