This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to use Install Script at Basic MSI Project

6 replies to this topic

PHYOE2004

PHYOE2004
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:08

I want to write some of the installscript to get the Excel Path from the Registry and write to the ini file of the application.
For this feature How can I implement on Basic MSI Project?

Please respond me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Phyoe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 19:59

Did you read the help topic Creating Installations > Customizing Installation Behavior > Using InstallScript ?

PHYOE2004

PHYOE2004
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:01

Thanks Stefan, I read it. Right now I am facing the following issue on some PC.

"The InstallScript engine is missing from this machine, If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance."

When I remove the Install script, I don't see any error on the installer. Is there any configuration do I miss out?

Thanks & Regards,
Phyoe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 16:10

Are you starting the setup by double clicking the setup.exe or by double clicking the .msi file or by some other way? The InstallScript engine should be included automatically.
Which version of InstallShield are you using? Has this project been migrated from a previous version of InstallShield?

PHYOE2004

PHYOE2004
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:31

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using IS Developer 8. I'm trying to run on MSI file. As you mention on other thread, I created small exe file to do the update excel path and added in to the Custom Action. It's working now.

I would like to ask another one. If I'm using IS 2010, does this issue has been solved? If I buy IS 2010, all the projects from Developer 8 are able to migrate to 2010? Is there any other configuration do I need for migration?

Thanks & Regards,
Phyoe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:24

The InstallScript architecture has changed. The engine is no longer installed but runs temporarily for each InstallScript custom action. This should avoid this and other problems but also has some other effects, e.g. there are no global variables anymore.
The help file has some infoprmation about potential issues in the migration. I'd recommend you test the migration with the evaluation version before buying the new version. Note however that IS 2010 is already outdated. The current version is "InstallShield 2012 Spring", so IS 2010 is three versions behind and the end of life has already been announced.

PHYOE2004

PHYOE2004
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:37

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your information.

Regards,
Phyoe