This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Create a Basic msi project using a custom dialog

4 replies to this topic

Sudip das

Sudip das
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:42

Hi all ,

I have a requirement that 2 check-box there in a custom dialog box.Default all box are checked.If i unchecked the checkbox then New feature will be not to be install.same thing happen for second checkbox.Please suggest how we can solve this problem?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 15:50

Moving question to Basic MSI forum

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 15:52

To make the CheckBox checked, assign a value to its associated property in the Property table.

To select/unselect the related features, add control events AddLocal and Remove to the "Next" button, like:

AddLocal   Feature1   CHECKBOX1

Remove   Feature1   Not CHECKBOX1

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 18:58

Stefan, are you sure CheckBoxes don't require the property to be undefined instead of just using Not, as in CHECKBOX1= {}? Perhaps this is different in newer versions of Installshield, or I am thinking of Installscript.

Update: as far as I can see Installshield probably deletes the property automatically now - I remember struggling with this in earlier versions. To clarify, the deal is that the property isn't checked for its value, but whether it is defined at all or undefined (not existing in the MSI session).

Not correct:

• (CHECKBOX = 0) OR (CHECKBOX = 1)

Correct:

• CHECKBOX OR (Not CHECKBOX)

Similar post here: http://forum.install...showtopic=16471

Edited by Glytzhkof, 04 September 2014 - 19:18.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 15:32

The comparison CHECKBOX1= {} should give the same result as Not CHECKBOX1, so you can use the style you prefer. And yes, the value of the property doen't matter, which can be confusing. Thanks for the additional clarification Stein.