This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MDAC2.7 Merge module ICE18 problem

2 replies to this topic

kevbowuk

kevbowuk
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 15:04

I've added MDAC 2.7 to a basic MSI project. The project builds fine, but running the MSI Validation suite through DevStudio, an error is reported:

ICE18 Error
KeyPath for Component: 'MDAC27.C9C35FC7_5AEE_4C1E_8BD2_80ED9FA87FFF' is Directory: 'INSTALLDIR'. The Directory/Component pair must be listed in the CreateFolders table.
http://dartools/iceman/ice18.html
Component
Directory_ MDAC27.C9C35FC7_5AEE_4C1E_8BD2_80ED9FA87FFF

So my question is if I have a component table that has an AllOtherFiles component that would suggest this would be the merge module component(?) do I need the add the component guid to the CreateFolder table along the the INSTALLDIR path or another path ?

What are the implications of this? if I remove my application, will MDAC also be removed when this folder is removed?

I feel I've missed something here as the installation is simple, one exe, one dll and one UDL supporting file and a few VB mergemodules. Should DevStudio create this entry in the CreateFolder when I add the mergemodule automatically ?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 16:37

Assuming that your application files will be installed to INSTALLDIR you can ignore this message.

kevbowuk

kevbowuk
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 17:08

OK Thanks.

I've added the component MDAC27.C9C35FC7_5AEE_4C1E_8BD2_80ED9FA87FFF the the CreateFolder table with INSTALLDIR as the Directory and it validates ok now.

Thanks again.