This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialog centering problems

3 replies to this topic

MGF128

MGF128
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 15:07

Is there a bug with dialog centering?  I'm trying to create a non-modal billboard dialog to be displayed in the upper left corner of the screen during my installation.  I've created the dialog and set the other dialogs Modal and Keep Modeless properties correctly.  I set the Left (horizontal centering) and Top (vertical centering) properties of my new billboard dialog to 0.  What I find is that if I put this dialog at the beginning of my sequence before any other dialogs, it is placed correctly, but all other dialogs are also placed in the upper left corner.  If I place it anywhere else in the sequence after the first dialog, it is placed in the center of the screen in the same place as all the other dialogs.  The help indicates that these centering properties are ignored if the dialog is part of a setup wizard, but this billboard dialog is not.  Any thoughts?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 20:00

AFAIK the centering settings are ignored on all dialogs but the first one that is displayed.

MGF128

MGF128
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2001 - 21:04

This appears to be the case, but it contradicts both the MSI help ("The two centering values are ignored for subsequent dialog boxes in a wizard sequence. Dialog box positions are set by the user or as for the previous dialog box. These dialog box sequences are created by a NewDialog ControlEvent."), and the ISWI help ("This value is ignored if this dialog is part of a setup wizard, and the previous dialog was in a different location or was moved by the end user. ").