This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Add/Remove Uninstall Name

4 replies to this topic

vincejairam

vincejairam
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 17:25

I need to change the product name that is displayed in the add/remove dialog.

I can do it by changing product name in the installer but i then all dialogs get changed as well.

does anyone know how to just change the add/remove string. I need it to display company name then product e.g ABC my product.

I had asked this question a while back on the installshield site: http://community.ins...threadid=128162

and someone "David Lock" stated that it may not be doable in ISDEV8 and that I would need to create another property and have the dialogs reference this another property.

Is it possible to do this with an easier less cubersome solution.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 17:47

You could create a CA that sets this property (ProductName) to the name for ARP dialog, and schedule it before InstallInitialize in the execute sequence.
Most dialogs should be OK, only a few are shown during execute (eg. the dialog that urges you to close programs). Create another CA that sets ProductName to the original name, and schedule it after InstallFinalize.

vincejairam

vincejairam
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 18:17

Zweitze I tried your suggestions but no luck sad.gif I still see the Original Product name "ABC my product" instead of "my product" in all of the setup screens.

dbeachy1

dbeachy1
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 16:49

Actually, that worked for me. The trick is that you have to have the CA in BOTH the "User Interface" and "Execute" sequences:

User Interface: After CostFiinalize
Execute: Before InstallInitialize

The "User Interface" sequence handles the dialogs, and the "Execute" sequence handles the "Add/Remove Programs" setting.

frede

frede
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 16:35

The uninstall string is in the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Find the GUID for your product and change the DisplayName value. You could write a CA that changes this registry values. I don't know exactly when this value is written by setup though.