This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

populate the duplicate file table

1 reply to this topic

tw-mum

tw-mum
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 16:33

Hi,

I want to create a per user basic msi. I have a component with files which must be copied to a user depended directory. This component copied the files to program folder directory. Now I want to put all these files to the DuplicateFile table, so if the user is changed a second stage installer can copy all files was listed in DiplicateFile table to the user directory

Is there are easy way to copy alle files from a component to the DuplicateFile table or must I do it manually.

Thanks Thomas

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 17:48

The best way to do this is generally to have all files installed to a per machine path (ProgramFiles) and then have the application itself copy the files down to the userprofile as appropriate. Developers will tell you that this is your job, but it is not. The only reliable way to deploy user profile files involves doing file copying in the application's startup code. This is because it is always guaranteed to run no matter what context or user is running the app.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul