This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall problem..

1 reply to this topic

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 15:12

Hi,

Im making an installer for an add-on pack to an existing product. When I install, it is crusial that the user has a certain version of the product. Let's say v1.2. So I need to revert all patches and install v1.2 to be sure. When I install I try to do following last thing in OnFirstUIBefore()

Code Sample

SdShowMsg("Reverting to version 1.2..please wait",TRUE);    
Delay(1);
   ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "XPack Files" , FALSE );
   ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "Patch Files" , TRUE );    
   Disable(LOGGING);
   ComponentTransferData ( MEDIA );
   Enable(LOGGING);                                                                  
ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "XPack Files" , TRUE );                                                                    
   ComponentSelectItem ( MEDIA , "Patch Files" , FALSE );              
Delay(1);    
   SdShowMsg("Done",FALSE);

This works fine until I try to uninstall because the registry entries are left behind. This is probably because I call ComponentTransferData ( MEDIA ) when logging is turned off. So what I need is either to make sure that ComponentTransferData wont install the registry entries the FIRST time it's called, or to use another way to install "patch files" with logging turned of. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jonas
- jonas

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 19:21

Humm, I understand what you're doing here, but I can't say I like it.

You may need to also wrap logging around some items in the OnMoving event, but only in this special patch state.

A better approach may be to leave those items unpacked and issue an XCopyFile which is wrapped in logging.
user posted image