This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

I can't disable auto launch!!! please help!!

2 replies to this topic

holtonma

holtonma
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 09:05

I just started using Installshield this past 3 mos.
I only need to know how to disable the auto-launch / execute program 'feature' every time the computer reboots. There must be an easy setting somewhere to disable this.
That is, I DON'T want my installed executable to pop up and run EVERY time I reboot, I don't want this to happen at all. I only want it to run when the user clicks on the appropriate shortcut.
Can someone PLEASE help me and tell me where this setting is PLEASE?? This is killing me!!!! smile.gif
Thank you so much for your time,
Mark Holton

linetime33

linetime33
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:08

Hi,
Remove the value containing the path of your installation program from the registry key contained in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx.

Also check if your installation has a reboot and if so, whether the registry keys given above are getting removed after the reboot.

linetime33

linetime33
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:08

Hi,
Remove the value containing the path of your installation program from the registry key contained in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx.

Also check if your installation has a reboot and if so, whether the registry keys given above are getting removed after the reboot.