This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Rollback CAs

3 replies to this topic

ajeet

ajeet
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 20:54

My MSI package contains many rollback CAs.

However, during a rollback, only the rollback CA closest to and before the offending CA is executed.

Is this expected? How do I get the rest of the rollback CAs before the offending CA to fire ?

[All my rollback CAs are deferred and between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize, so that shouldn't be a problem.]

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 09:28

All rollback CAs that have lower sequence numbers than the CA that's causing the setup to abort should be executed. Rollback CAs with higher sequence numbers will not. Is this the behaviour you are seeing?

ajeet

ajeet
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 15:30

Actually I have three deferred rollback actions in the exec seq:
710 rA
712 rB
714 rC

There is also a deferred CA at seq num 1530 which fails and causes a rollback (as intended).

The CA type of the three rollback actions is 1345, and they call a simple InstallScript fn which writes a message to a log file.

The install log shows that during rollback, rC works fine, but rB and then rA both cause MSI error 1603, which is NOT desired.

If I reorder the rollback events by changing seq nums, only the one closest to the failure CA will succeed, and the other two will fail in the same way.

ajeet

ajeet
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2003 - 17:17

OK. I got it working now.

This was the problem:

I was using ISDev v7sp4 to set the IS custom action type in the ISM.

Walking through the ISDev CA wizard sets the IS CA type to 66880 for the rollback action.

After a build from ISDev, the CA type becomes 1345 in the MSI package.

I think this may be a ISDev bug, because I think it should be something like 3329 (nds the rollback flag); if I use ORCA to change the CA type values from 1345 to 3329, everything works fine.