This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSTALLDIR

2 replies to this topic

TreviBoy

TreviBoy
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 June 2002 - 17:32

HI,
I just started getting a new problem with my INSTALLDIR value. It is set correctly in the Product Properties screen, but when I run the installation, it adds on another path. So, instead of getting: Program Files\Company\Product, I get
Program Files\Company\Product\Product......  Im perplexed.

I thought it would help to change the Generate Package COde to YES in the release/product configuration screen, but it doesnt help..  ANy ideas ????

thanks

Cookie Crumb

Cookie Crumb
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 18:50

i've run into this problem, too. but, for me, it only happens if i uninstall the product and the uninstallation fails, then try to reinstall the product.

for my circumstance, the solution seems to be in figuring out how to keep the uninstall from failing (which introduces a host of other problems for me), but i've not figured out how yet. it only fails when one of the directories that will be removed happens to be open, including the start menu program group created by the install...

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 16:09

does anyone know how the INSTALLDIR relates to the ROOTDRIVE property ?

i have used the INSTALLDIR with success in a MS Office install when combined with the Setup.EXE.  but am wondering about the ROOTDRIVE...  is the ROOTDRIVE the MSI generic equivalent for the Setup.EXE INSTALLDIR ?