This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Calling featured component using a silent install

2 replies to this topic

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:50

Please help me. I would like to know how I can select the feature from the drop down menu of installation feature in a command line.

I'm using a separate wise install script to run the silent install(calls the actual product installer) which calls the INI file with all the information needed during installation. e.g.(installation path)

The problem is the user wants to select the featured components to be installed from the actual product installer. But for now only the default feature are installed as no dialog is displayed.

Is there a way or a special property where I can identify if the feature is selected using a wise script during installation or in a command line?

ex. If Replication = Yes
featured component "Replication" will be installed
Else
default feature

Thank you so much. I just need it badly.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 14:53

MSIExec /i [path_to_MSI] ADDLOCAL="Name_Of_Feature_To_Install"
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:49

It worked. Thank you so much biggrin.gif