This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating conditions

2 replies to this topic

jenabe

jenabe
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2001 - 19:57

I am trying to create two conditions on my Install. One to determine that SQL is installed and that it is version 7 or higher...the other is to determine wether or not MSMQ is there.

I have set up the AppSearch table and the RegLocator according to instruction on the InstallShield site...but no matter what I do the condition always comes back false.

I wonder what I am forgeting to do!

Incidently, in online support document "Create an Install Condition Based on Information Read From the Registry", no mention is made of the signature table...not important?

As well...mention is made of the APPS_TEST condition...which I can't seem to find to remove!!!

help!

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 16:14

Jennifer,
       Can you post a sample of your entries in the AppSearch table, and are your properties in UPPERCASE.

Also if you are searching  for a registry entry using the RegLocator table ensure you are using type 2 (last column.)

The signature table is to search for files.  Even though _Signature is a foreign key of the AppSearch table if its not in the Signature table the following order is used.

"The AppSearch action searches for signatures using the CompLocator table first, the RegLocator table next, then the IniLocator table, and finally the DrLocator table" - Windows Installer help, AppSearch Table

Hope this helps.
Dave.