This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install script engine

3 replies to this topic

aarthi_m

aarthi_m
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:23

I have a product install scripted using installscript. Can you please tell me what dependencies the product will have wrt install shield engine?
Also, should the product carry installshield engine with it to be installed? What are the various problems if the product bundles installshield engine with it?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 15:11

Yes, you should bundle the InstallScript engine. I believe this is done automatically.

aarthi_m

aarthi_m
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:09

Thanks for the reply.
What will be the problems if the product carries Installshield engine along with it?
What will happen if the installation of the engine fails? Will the product installation also fail?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:44

What will be the problems if the product carries Installshield engine along with it?

I don't expect any special problems (other than those you may see with other runtime engines)
What will happen if the installation of the engine fails? Will the product installation also fail?

Yes, the engine is required.