This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS6.3 and Vista

1 reply to this topic

dj4

dj4
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:18

HI

How about Install Shield 6.3 and Windows Vista compatibility? Should I upgrade Install Shield 6.3 to version 12 or can I use IS6.3 in the futures.

Where I get more information to IS6.3 and Vista compatibility?

-Jani

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 16:00

Well, since IS 6.3 is no longer a supported released, it will never have official support for the Windows Vista OS.

However, exactly how well it will work as is on Vista depends in part on the particular setup project, how it's developed, and how will you are to live with workaround such as running the setup in XP SP2 compatibilty mode.

Therefore, I also suggest you check out this webcast recording to get a better idea of the install-related changes that Vista brings to the table.

Now, all that being said, you would need to upgrade to the latest development enivornment to ensure that Vista is a supported OS and that will probably come in the form of a future product update.
user posted image