This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom dialog after Installation

7 replies to this topic

YaI

YaI
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:52

I'm doing a Basic MSI project with IS12. I have a custom dialog which should pop up before SetupCompleteSuccess dialog. I don't find any entry that links the ReadyToInstall dialog and SetupCompleteSuccess dialog.

It doesn't work when I changed the Sequences too.

How do I insert a custom dialog after installation?

nesesser

nesesser
  • Full Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:52

SetupCompleteSuccess dialog have particular sequence number (-1) that returns after sucessful installation.
In general there are three return codes fot installation:
-1 Sucessfull installation - there are SetupCompleteSuccess dialog
-2 Setup Interrupted - SetupInterrupted Dialog (when you push Cancel button)
-3 Error occurs when deploying - SetupCompleteError dialog

I don't know is it possible to modify this logic, but you can try this:
1. Create your CustomDialog
2. Set sequence number -1 for it (in InstallUISequence table)
3. Do a link to SetupCompleteSuccess dialog on the Next button of CustomDialog

good luck

YaI

YaI
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:38

I used same approach too. It worked. I want the custom dialog to pop up only for Install. For uninstall, repair and modify, I would like to have the default SetupCompletesuccess dialog. I've set sequence number to -1 for both the dialogs.

1. Is it possible to have two dialogs with sequence number -1? As far as i tried, I was able to set -1 for 2 dialogs. On execution, none of them popped up. The conditions are mutually exclusive.

2. With which property will I know whether I'm installing, uninstalling, doing a repair or reinstall? I suppose it is a combo of REINSTALL and REMOVE.

I'm not sure where this fails. Because of two dialogs having same sequence number or the condition is wrong.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:53

I'm not sure where this fails. Because of two dialogs having same sequence number or the condition is wrong.

A log file should tell you.

YaI

YaI
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:59

With logs and testing various scenarios I found that it is because of the sequence number. Two dialogs can't have the same sequence number though the conditions ensure they don't conflict. If two dialogs have same sequence number. One of them pops up when the condition meets. The other custom dialog doesn't come up when the other condition is satisfiied. In this case during uninstall, the regular SetupCompleteSuccess comes up and during install the custom dialog doesn't come up but stops with SetupProgress.

Isn't there any other way to have a custom dialog for install and SetupCompleteSuccess for uninstall, repair and modify?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 18:03

Instead of two dialogs, you could use one dialog with multiple control (could be stacked on top of each other). use conditions to show or hide the appropriate controls.

CDROM

CDROM
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 15:24

Hi

Can you please guide me how can I set the properties and set conditions of the controls in SetupCompleteSuccess ?
I added several check boxes that need to be show\hide according to installation type

( I have InstallShield 2008 )

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:05

In dialog editor, select the dialog. Click "Behaviour" in the tree view. Select the control you want to edit. On the bottom edge of the windows click the Conditions tab. In the grid view, select "show", "hide", "enable" or "disable" and add your condition.