This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with installing application for

1 reply to this topic

chrismillar

chrismillar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 12:22

Hello, I hope someone can help.

I have an MSI file that installs an application and registers COM+ components made in Express. I want to be able to have it installed for all profiles. So I found that using the /JM switch on msiexec /JM "package.msi" Sets the setup to install on all profiles. I then ran the setup and it did indeed install the files desktop shortcuts appeared etc.. However if I then tried to run the application on a profile that had just 'users' permissions i get the following error:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).

However, when I change the access right to that user to administrator and then run it works, and then if I set the user back to 'users' member it then still works..

Any Ideas??

Cheers in advance

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 20:13

The reason maybe, when you install in administrator, there are some keys or files getting installed, which users cant install for lack of privileges. In admin mode if you could do a setup capture of the particular operation (shortcut launch etc), then you might get the reg/files. Appropriatley give these file/hive/folders permission and install as user.
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)